These terms and conditions govern the Connecthedocks™ Cancellation Policy (the “Cancellation Policy”) available to Boat Owners and Dock Owners through the Services.
Connecthedocks has a standardized cancellation policy for all boats and docks on the platform that we will enforce to protect both Renter and Boat Owner. Each party has the ability to cancel within the set terms of the cancellation policy. The fee schedule will be determined when the cancellation occurs in relation to the reservation dates (“arrival date” or “departure date”).
The cancellation options are:
- For a 100% refund of the daily rate, the guest must cancel 5 full days before the listing’s local check-in time (shown in the confirmation email), otherwise the guest will receive a partial refund. (minus booking fee)
- For a 50% refund of the daily rate, the guest must cancel 3-5 full days before the listing’s local check-in time (shown in the confirmation email), otherwise no refund. (minus booking fee)
- For a 100% refund of the daily rate, the guest must cancel 14 full days before the listing’s local check-in time (shown in the confirmation email), otherwise the guest will receive a partial refund. (minus booking fee)
- For a 50% refund of the daily rate, the guest must cancel 10-14 full days before the listing’s local check-in time (shown in the confirmation email), otherwise no refund. (minus booking fee)
All cancellations must be confirmed in writing. If renters are concerned about possible interruption or cancellation due to weather conditions, they are strongly encouraged to purchase optional trip insurance.
In the event that a reschedule takes place:
- The renter will not need to pay a fee if the rescheduling takes place 5 full days before the listing’s local check-in time and the new rental period equals or exceeds the original rental period.
- If the renter reschedules within 5 full days of the original arrival date a fee equaling one full rental day will apply to the existing payment.
- If the rescheduled rental period is less than the original rental period, the difference in the rental period will be considered a cancellation and subject to the cancellation policy.
- If a cancelation is made after the original rental period was rescheduled the cancelation policy will be subject to the original rental period.
Either party is able to request a cancellation by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and provide documentation to support the cancellation. If a cancellation must be made outside the above time frames, Connecthedocks™ will consider exceptions provided certain extenuating circumstances are shown. For the following extenuating circumstances, the Renter will receive a 100% refund and the Dock Owner will not receive payment.
Some examples of acceptable extenuating circumstances may be:
- A booking is within 100 miles of a named or numbered storm.
- Death in the family
- Natural disasters preventing travel or causing travel restrictions
- Political unrest
Minimum Quality Standards & Owner Responsibilities
If you are a Dock Owner, you are responsible for ensuring that the Docks you list on the Platform meet minimum quality standards regarding access, adequacy of the description on the Services, safety, cleanliness, and do not present a Renter with docking issues. During the 24-hour period following the Renter’s check-in, Dock Owners should be available or make a third-party available, in order to try, in good faith, to resolve Renter issues.
Boat Owner Penalties
We reserve the right to penalize Dock Owners that cancel reservations or don’t meet minimum quality standards with the following penalties:
- Blackout the dates of canceled reservations
- Lower the ranking of the boat listing in search results
- Inactivate the listing for a period of 2 weeks.
- Removal of listing from Connecthedocks.com.
No Assignment/No Insurance
This Cancellation Policy is not intended to constitute an offer to insure, does not constitute insurance or an insurance contract, does not take the place of insurance obtained or obtainable by the Renter, and the Renter has not paid any premium in respect of the Cancellation Policy. The benefits provided under this Cancellation Policy are not assignable or transferable.
Modification or Termination
Connecthedocks™ reserves the right to modify or terminate this Cancellation Policy, at any time, in its sole discretion, and without prior notice. If Connecthedocks™ modifies this Cancellation Policy, we will post the modification on the Services or provide you with notice of the modification and Connecthedocks™ will continue to process all pending refunds/disputes made prior to the effective date of the modification.
Entire Agreement and Definitions
This Cancellation Policy constitutes the entire and exclusive understanding and agreement between Connecthedocks™ and you regarding the Cancellation Policy and supersedes and replaces any and all prior oral or written understandings or agreements between Connecthedocks™ and you regarding the Cancellation Policy. Capitalized terms not otherwise defined herein shall have the meaning set forth in the Connecthedocks™ Terms of Service.
This Cancellation Policy will be interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Florida and the United States of America, without regard to its conflict-of-law provisions.
Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL CONNECTHEDOCKS™’ AGGREGATE LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS CONNECTHEDOCKS™ POLICY TERMS, EXCEED THE AMOUNT OF THE DOCK FEES COLLECTED BY CONNECTHEDOCKS™ FROM THE RENTER. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT, BY POSTING A LISTING OR OTHERWISE USING THE SERVICES AS A DOCK OWNER OR RENTER YOU ARE INDICATING THAT YOU HAVE READ, AND THAT YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE POLICY TERMS.
If you have any questions about the Cancellation Policy, please contact Connecthedocks™ via email at email@example.com.
Last Updated: September 7, 2021 (effective date)